15 September 2010

Finding my voice

Well it's not even been a week since I joined FetLife and it is certainly proving to be something I wish I'd done a long time ago.  It's lovely to have complete strangers say hello and have a genuine interest in who I am and ask sensible questions.  I have been able to engage in proper adult conversation about the life style without any prejudice or preconceived ideas.  It's been most refreshing and a welcome outlet other than this blog.  It's been good to talk as the old BT advert once said.  Of course I'm not naive.  I'm sure there are time wasters and I will eventually get my fair share of being pestered as I am a Domme on the site.  If it happens, I'll deal with it.  But I have realised that it is human conversation, however it's conducted, with like minded individuals that I've missed the most.  It's not exactly the kind of thing you can drop into a dinner conversation when someone says 'and what do you like to do in your spare time?'  'Well actually I'm a Domme and I have a hussy sub' would rather kill any party stone dead amongst vanillas.  Although a part of me would rather enjoy the reaction afterwards!

I am happy to chat to anyone so I have been able to engage with both dominants and submissives and treat them all the same.  P has also joined FetLife and I'm sure it will be even more beneficial for her.  Being able to chat to others like herself and find some real friends in the life style.  Empathy is a great thing.  There are lots of groups and some already have topics which strike a chord within both our souls.  It has been refreshing to be so open when this aspect of my soul is closely guarded and kept hidden from my vanilla life.  Which I'm sure many of you out there can appreciate.  I've had funny and serious conversations in equal measure and found some fetishes listed also brought a smile to my face.  There are three listed for 'David Tennant' which I did as a search just for fun!  Certainly appeals to my Whovian geekness!

FetLife has brought me out of my shell and allowed me to fly, stretch my wings and find my voice.  It's a liberating experience for both of us.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found your voice (as you put it). I think you will be able to inspire others. You have a refreshing view.

    ReplyDelete