22 November 2010

Scent

The one thing that helps connect us when we're apart is scent. My hussy uses a particular perfume, a certain shower gel and moisturiser that I instantly recognise whenever we're together. When I prepare for one of our sessions, I tend to use a certain brand of shower creme, moisturiser and perfume oil which she associates with her Lady. We send each other cards and letters, personal thoughts that are captured forever in words that will never fade. We have photographs so that we don't forget what we look like, how we felt when we've been together. But it's the scent that instantly brings us together no matter how far apart we are.

Whenever we visit, one of us leaves an article of clothing behind under a pillow. Usually this is something simple like a nightie or a pair of PJ's that hold our scent for a long time. So that if the distance seems too great, the length of time too long, I can just hold my Hussy's clothing to my face and inhale her. Her scent is wonderful, intoxicating, sensual, pure. It's almost like oxygen, like needing the air to breathe. I need it to know she is still there, that she slept in my bed, that we shared the same space, breathed the same air, loved the same way. It continues to bind us long after she has gone, makes my soul fly to her, joins us and makes me sing. Literally.

And then we are together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment