15 November 2010

Obession or addiction?

Are they both the same?  Or different sides of the same coin.

Obsession: noun
1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.

Addiction: noun
The state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. 

I smoke, this is an addiction.  Sometimes I get addicted to other things but for shorter, manageable time spans such as chocolate.  I blame hormones for that.  I have a mild addiction to spanking mainly because I love it so much.  Spanking my Hussy is simply too erotic and delicious for words.  Sometimes I can get obsessed.  My current obsession seems to be boots particularly thigh or knee high, black boots with some kind of heel.  I was lured, indeed seduced by such a pair at the weekend and I succumbed to this weakness.  They are OTK black boots with stiletto heels.  I could never walk down the street in them or I would break a leg!  But in my Chamber they will do just nicely.  Lingerie could also be another obsession.  My collection has grown and I enjoy wearing it regardless of what the occasion is.  It seems to give me an inner strength and feeling of power which no one else is aware off.  The same happens when I tend to wear some of my work boots which are comfortable for every day but still make me feel dominant in a subtle way.

So my obsessions and addictions help to shape me.  They give me infinite pleasure and some confidence when I need it.   I know not to let them interfere with my everyday life although I have been known to day dream at work about my Hussy and what I might do to her at our next session.  But this is probably no more than any other couple in life day dreaming about their night in or weekend in bed.  If anything, I am able to embrace some aspects of them, ingratiate them into everyday life and yet they remain silent and hidden to everyone.  So my subtle smile doesn't give anything away and I only know why my obsessions and addictions make me feel rather happy.

What are your secret obsessions and addictions......???

No comments:

Post a Comment