24 February 2015

Blogger changes

This is just a quick post to let you all know that Blogger will be changing some of its T&C's namely relating to sexually explicit photos, images and videos.  Unless they are for educational or scientific purposes, any blog that contains such images will be classed as "private".  This means you won't be able to read them as they will no longer be classed as public.  The only way to comply is to remove these images before the deadline set during March 2015.  I received an email warning of this as my blog is deemed to contain such images.

I don't post many photos on my blog so it's been easy for me to remove them and slightly amend any postings that refer to a photo so it doesn't read oddly.  I don't know if this image policy extends to my profile photo so I may have to change this to something less provocative (against my better wishes).  Hopefully I have now satisfied the new T&C's and won't find my blog suddenly blocked to everyone except myself.

Obviously this will affect lots of blogs that, like mine, are an intrinsic part of the BDSM world.  I do understand why Blogger is bringing about this change, however it does feel like censorship.  But that's a whole other debate that I don't want to get into right now.  My main priority is to maintain the blog and keep it in the public domain so all my followers can read it without prejudice.

So I hope that despite this, you will continue to support this blog and the many others here.  As without you, our readers, there wouldn't be much reason to post!

Lady X

No comments:

Post a Comment