26 July 2011

Back to normality

I am back home after a long 3 days and nights with my hussy. It was an awful wrench to leave her but the compensation is knowing that we will be back together again in 4 weeks time. And then we will be together for more than a week. But the last three days were wonderful especially as it was her birthday on Sunday - the first time we'd been able to spend her birthday together. And I gave her a birthday treat!

The time was spent re-bonding as it's been a long time since we've had a proper session. Bonding again in so many ways- physically and emotionally. Shopping on Saturday, something we haven't done for a while. Nilla shopping and sexy shopping is always a great combination! She had to get herself a new vibrator, which I put to good use on her birthday! But that was after we'd spent a lovely day out in the countryside with a pub lunch followed by a walk in a local park, and sharing locally made ice cream together. Back at her home, I took my time with a session which was emotional for her and hugely satisfying for me. She did her hair in plaits just for me as she knows I love to pull them.

Now I am back home and back to normality. Yes there is something missing inside of me as I sit here typing this, talking to her on MSN as I write. I miss her, in many many ways. I'm sure the high of the weekend will burst and I will experience the drop at some point, as she will too. We have learned to cope with it by talking to each other about how we feel. The e-sessions also help to keep the bond, keep the focus. But nothing can substitute the physical touch.

I know we're luckier than most, we get to meet up on a regular basis, can plan those events around our lives. Our relationship is more than D/s, we love in equal measure, and make sure there is balance between both sides of us. And in between our meetings is normality. And though that normality keeps apart, it also helps to keep us sane. Sometimes emotions break through the normality, but we wouldn't be human if that didn't sometimes happen. My work and home life help to stop me brooding over my hussy's absence. They are an important part of my life, and help to shape the person I am. The routine and structure of an average working day and average home life are necessary, are important. They help to keep my focused and I probably apply that to my D/s too. Structure and focus. My instructions, the e-sessions, the training - it all helps to make the physical sessions something special.

This wasn't intended to be such a long post. I know we all deal with LDR's in our own way, find our own balance, our own coping mechanisms. I find writing and talking the best way to cope. I have an extra day off tomorrow to do food shopping, take a pet to the vets, and probably do the mundane such as cleaning and ironing before I return to work on Wednesday. And I will be there for my hussy to help her through the next few days as my absence makes its own impact on her life. So getting back to normal is all part of the process with LDR's. No matter how much you wish it wasn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment